Driving In Bali
Driving in Bali for first timer is gone surprise you a lot. On this page we write down several tips for driving in Bali so you will know what to do in Bali.
For the first thing that you have to own before driving in Bali is driving license, you can get International driving license at you home country or you can get it in Bali but there are several driving test that you have to pass. If you decide to have your International driving license in Bali, than you have to go to Denpasar city, the capital city in Bali. You need to be passion to fill the registration form and passion to wait your turn to be test. We recommend you to get your international driving license at your home country before you leave for holiday and travel in Bali.
When you have the driving license than definitely you will need a vehicle car or motorbike. To get vehicle for hire in Bali is not difficult because there are plenty company that provide services for renting a car. You can to hire a car that will drive by you or you can get Bali car rental with driver. The options are totally decided by you, which one is the best is depend on your need. But on this page we write down about driving in Bali which is need self-drive car hire.
Before you travel to Bali, we recommend you to book online and find the right company on Google search engine about car rental Bali, all car hire company in Bali provide self-drive car hire services. By booking online before you in Bali, you will get several advantages rather you find car hire company after you are in Bali. The advantages are:
- By booking online, you can ask the car hire company in Bali to deliver the car in the airport or at the hotel.
- After you finish using the car and you going to depart from Bali, you can ask the car hire company in Bali to pick up the car at the Bali airport.
During find car rental in Bali, make sure you get a car with insurance coverage and ask with the company term and condition if accident happen with the car. There are some road rules that you have to know when driving in Bali, and there are:
Driving In Bali – Tips and Suggestions
- Always be patient, when you share a road in Bali, most often you will stuck on traffic jam, specially on this area (Kuta, Jimbaran, Nusa Dua, Seminyak) during 08:00 – 20:00. Some time there is ceremonial procession that can cause heavily traffic jam. Our suggestion, enjoy the experience.
- When you drive larger car, the more effect that you have on the road, which is mean size is King.
- Most often bike and car will swerve in front of you, and take your line. When this happen, don’t push your brake hardly because it’s dangerous for the one who’s behind your car. Just slow down your car and take left side line, this kind of this is very normal happening in Bali, once again be patient.
- Follow the traffic light, it’s very dangerous if you not following the signal of the traffic light.
- Make sure you turn on the turn signal light when you gone make a turn to the right or left, also if you want to move to other side of the road. This is very important, for let people knows where you would like to go. Also use the horn if there is a tight corner and you can’t see the opposite traffic.
- Try to avoid driving at night, unless you sure that capable doing it. There is less road light in Bali and some time the visibility is only 20 meters.
- Buy fuel for your car at authorized fuel station called PERTAMINA, don’t buy it any where to make sure you get quality of fuel. There are a lot of authorized fuel station, PERTAMINA on main road, so you don’t have to worrier about it.
- On the road you will see several sign read “hati-hati” which is be careful.
Those all for tips of driving in Bali, if you have more suggestion that be useful for other reader, please leave a comment on below page. If you need to find out more about best place in Bali, please visit this page, Places To Go In Bali.